Monday, May 11, 2009

What is the meaning of the song "I Never Told You What I Do For A Living," by My Chemical Romance???

I think I know the meaning. I'm bad at finding out meanings of songs... As you can see because I keep asking questions about meanings of songs...

What is the meaning of the song "I Never Told You What I Do For A Living," by My Chemical Romance???
This whole album is about the story of a man and his girlfriend both dying. He goes to hell, and she goes to heaven, so the guy makes a deal with the devil, to let him see her again if he kills 1000 evil souls. This specific song (the last song) is about him almost being done killing them hence the





"another night and I'll see you"


he knows he's almost done with the killings.





"another knife in my hands. A stain that never comes off the sheets. Clean me off. I'm so dirty babe. The kind of dirty where the water never cleans off the clothes"


this means that he is doing more killeing (another knife in my hands) and all this has made him dirty (not literally, but because of all the killing) and the stain refers to the lasting impression this has left on his life.





"I tried


i tried


and we'll all dance alone to the tune of your death


we'll love again, we'll laugh again


and it's better off this way"


this refers to him trying to kill all one thousand, and he dies too (not sure how, maybe the devil sends him back to hell??? Or he's murdered???) and he figures that he'll see her in a next life so he decides it's better off that he stops killing and lets destiny take control.





"and never again, and never again


they gave us two shots to the back of the head


and we're all dead now."


this could refer to him metaphorically saying that the devil ruined his plan and lied to him (giving two shots to the back of the head)and they're both dead now.





"and we'll love again, we'll laugh again


we'll cry again and we'll dance again


and it's better off this way


so much better off this way


i can't clean the blood off the sheets in my bed "


again explaining that he feels that they'll meet again in another life, and him saying it's better off this way...








Wow that was long, sorry people :) I'm a big fan though, and I came up with this from my own interpretation, as well as other's. I'm a big fan of this song. It's so deep and emotional... ~~~mcr fan

running shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment